former members of the constitutional court
Born year: 1956
He was a member of the Constitutional Court between February 2007 and October 2010.
He graduated from the Faculty of Law of Eötvös Loránd University, Budapest, in 1980; in 1985 he took special examinations in law. In the period of 1980-1981, he acted as a librarian specialized in law, in the Library of Parliament. Between 1981 and 1988 he worked for the Institute of Legal Sciences of the Hungarian Academy of Sciences, first as junior research member, later as senior research member. From 2000 to 2004 he represented the Republic of Hungary as ambassador to the Kingdom of Belgium and in charge extended to the Grand Duchy of Luxembourg. Since 1989 he has taught at the Constitutional Law Department at the Faculty of Law of University of Szeged (former József Attila University), as lecturer, from 1994 as senior lecturer and in 2000 he was granted university professorship. From 1994 he was head of Department thereof, between 1994 and 1998 vice-dean, from 2004 director of the Centre for European Studies at the Faculty of Law of the University of Szeged. He obtained his candidate’s degree in 1991, qualified as a university lecturer in 2000.
His main fields of research are the development of national parliaments, tendencies in the development of constitutions, national constitutional law and the European integration, administrative jurisdiction, political and legal construction of the francophone countries. He has been member of the Venice Commission of the Council of Europe. From 1985 he has been a member of the Budapest Bar Association, from 2006 president of its Commission for the International Relations. As from 1991 he has been one of the founding partners of Nagy & Trócsányi Law Firm.