21 July 2017
He graduated from the Faculty of Law of Eötvös Loránd University of Budapest in March 1957. Between 1957 and 1968 he worked as a corporate lawyer, and between 1968 and 1982 as an advocate. Since 1982 he has been lecturing on Roman Law at the Faculty of Law of the University of Miskolc. He was appointed full professor and Director of the Institute of Legal History and Legal Theory in 1990. He is an associate member of the Austrian Academy of Sciences. He received an academic doctoral degree in Law in 1990. He died on 18th, June 2015.